Monday, June 06, 2016

W.H. Constable IceHouse and Desert cooling


After the opsession I grabbed my Pentax K5 DSLR camera and headed down to the basement.
Photo is an other hobby of mine, and from time to time I am in the mood to do some shooting and work in Lightroom. 
This time I even tryed something new: Photostacking in Photoshop.
This photo is made up of eight, I think. I used my DA 35 f 2.4 AL lens and placed the camera right on the top of the layout.





As always, the buildings are temporarely placed on the layout. This is actually walls from one kit, the Walthers Cornerstone R.J. Frost Ice & Storage
The left building will be a stand in for the old Ice House near Union Station in Phoenix.
It was once part of the W.H. Constable Ice & Cold Storage plant.
The building leaning to the wall at right will be Desert Cooling.
I could not resist such cool names!

And yes, those were industries once served by ATSF in Phoenix
Desert Cooling might not be a cold storage plant, and I might change the name to W.H. Constable Cold Storage or something completely different.
This is my layout! It is inspired by the Peavine, but not following it to closely!

Here are some more photos from the layout after the may 2016 opsession.

The yard:



 Glendale Industrial District with the Ash Fork Staging Yard hanging over it:










 

2 comments:

Bob Chaparro said...

Very nice work.
If you have any questions about citrus perishable shipments please post them on one of my groups. Our members have a lot of resources
Bob Chaparro
Moderator
Railroad Citrus Industry Modeling Group
https://groups.io/g/RailroadCitrusIndustryModelingGroup
The Citrus Industry Modeling Group
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/citrusmodeling/info

KnuT said...

Thank you, Bob, for your nice words and links to your groups!