Sunday, June 05, 2016

P&SF - main goal for the layout

When preparing my layout for an op-session last year, in a flash I could put words on what is my main goal for my layout:

Build a layout that is fun to operate!

Scenery, buildings, weathering, details etc will be a bonus if I ever come around to build that.

When it  comes to operation, I like many things:

Industrial switching
Yard switching
Local freight trains
Mainline freight trains
Reefer trains (SRX)
Long trains
Helpers (steep grades)
Interchange
I like to operate

on my own
with my son
with a couple of friends
But I really have a good time when the layout becomes busy with my operation crew of 4-6 people
Actually, I do already have had lots of fun with operation on this layout, despite lots of temporary solutions.

No comments: