Monday, June 01, 2009

Some good news

Yes, I know, it is quite a while since I have posted here. I am realizing I am not a blogger. But I do have some good news to share with you. 
1. 
My healthsituation is much better now. Slowly progressing since January, but speeding up in the autumn. My health is now becoming better for each month. 
2. 
I have been working more on the layout this winter than before. I have built a long grade for testing out how steep grades my trains can handle on resonabely straigth track and in the sharpest curves I plan if I go for a doubledecked layout. It seems to work. Last thuesday the guys in the US-rails tested put it to test in an op-session. Oh yes, the plans needs adjustment, wondering what will come up next. 
3. 
Eivind showed off his first 0-scale sections at a show arranged by the Trondheim ModelRailroadClub - TMJK. Se the O-scale community in Norway and TMJK sites. I even visited Eivind in january. Trondheim is some nine hours ride with trains north of us. Eivind is studing sivil engineering there. 
4. 
There is a new magazine in town - a free e-zine - a downloadable magazine. If you have not checked it out yet, I recommend you do it ASAP. It is great. Joe Fugate is doing a very good job with this one. BTW - the name is ModelRailroadHobbyist - or MRH for short. The MRH site also host a great discussion forum. Both Eivind and I have our own blogs there, and I would likely post more over there on my layout as there are many thousands active users there. Eivinds blog My blog 
5. 
This spring a friend of mine and I have met some days doing some work like installing decoders and renumbering cars. So here I am, still dreaming of the layout in my dreams, but now I am also doing a little bit work on it. Knut

1 comment:

KnuT said...

The great news did not last.
I became worse after getting the vacine for the (Pandemic H1N1/09 virus)/hog flu/pig flu or what it is calle din english. I am however much better than I was many years.
But very much more sad is that my best friend and dear wife, Kari, died last autumn after a struggle with ALS - Lou Gehrig's disease.
This is a great loss for me and my three great sons.

I still work on the layout from time to time and has hosted several opsession on my layout that has many temporary solutions.
But operation is fun!!!

Before all these sad things happened, I did make a temporary incline to test of the grueling grades on my Peavine. I even have made a temporary (of course) staging yard above the Glendale staion.

I will probably not post much here, if anything, but advise you to my blog at the MRH site:
http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/118

KnuT