Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Second op-session

Yesterday the US-rails-gang tested out switching on my rebuilt yard.
During the last weeks I have laid down new track for the yard and even some temporary track to test out the Glendale area.
I used alligator clips for wiring and had no time for adjustments,
but we could run trains.

I made up a schedule, a schematic trackplan with name of the industries and even a switchlists for the session. This was actually quite fun, but right now I don't have many cars on the layout.















Nicholas working the Glendale Switcher.
You can see his switchlist and the scematic trackplan in front of him













Gunnar and Thomas were the crew of the Yard Switcher, while Jon Tore tries to use one of my "map-pin-turnout-controls". He has just come in town with the Hassayampa Chief and seems to be almost done switching the REA-cars to the expresstrack and the passenger cars to the House Track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Knut,

I came across your Blog about your Santa Fe Peavine Line layout in Norway, and read it with interest.

I model the same part of the Santa Fe, in the same time period, in N scale. As I grew up in Glendale, Arizona, the Santa Fe's Peavine Line has always been of interest to me.

Your layout brings back good memories. Hope to see more, and if I can help in any way with research or sharing of anything, just let me know. :-)

John Sing
San Mateo, Calif
http://home.comcast.net/~j.sing
singj@us.ibm.com

KnuT said...

John,
Thank you for the nice comment. I have seen your webpages and so knew you grew up there. I would love some information from Arizona. I have never made it across the ocean.
I have got some friends and even am a member of the Central Arizona Model RailRoad Club located in Prescott.
http://camrrc.com/
I am looking for some plans or good photos of the Union Statian in Phoenix and the ATSF freight house there.
My son Eivind says he will try to build them if I can provide the plans.
We do however have to do some selective compression to make the buildings fit on our layout.

Knut